Rolling Energy Resources (RER) is a new software startup formed by the experienced demand side management research team at Apex Analytics, operating out of Boulder, Colorado and Madison, Wisconsin.
The RER platform provides utilities with smart charging, demand response, and electric vehicle research solutions for all automotive brands. It connects seamlessly to electric vehicles, bridging the gap between customer and utility. Our flexible solution is set to be deployed for electric vehicle research, time-of-use assistance, and demand response in utility territories across the nation.
About the opportunity:
Want to work at an exciting startup that helps electric vehicle owners save money and improves grid resiliency at the same time? Rolling Energy Resources is seeking a Product Manager to help us ensure the success of our software-based load management and research product. As a member of our team, you will lead research and design efforts, work closely with our developers, and serve as a product liaison with our utility customers. This is an early opportunity in the life of this product, and your efforts will be central to its growth and evolution!
As a Product Manager at RER, you will:
- Lead the creation and improvement of electric vehicle software solutions.
- Conduct primary research on market needs, opportunities, and customer expectations for potential products.
- Create mockups and test plans, along with success criteria and key launch metrics.
- Work closely with the development team to translate customer or program needs into product criteria, and to manage and assess development progress.
- Perform data-driven analysis to determine the performance of new features.
- Oversee pilot deployments of new products, from ensuring that products meet client specification, to communicating with clients, to iterating with the design team.
- Depending on workload, provide additional demand side management evaluation, planning, and strategy consulting services as a subcontractor to Apex Analytics
Competitive candidates will have:
- A passion for crafting meaningful products while understanding and listening to the audience for which they are built.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Energy, Environmental Studies, Marketing, or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Manager with a consumer-facing product.
- Experience with the Agile framework.
- Experience working with designers and developers to build best-in-class consumer-facing products.
- Previous startup experience
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Master’s degree in any related field
- Experience with general purpose or web programming languages
- Experience working in demand side energy management
- Relevant experience for consulting on energy efficiency evaluation, planning, or strategy